It is an annual assessment conducted by the World Bank. It evaluates 190 countries on various parameters for easiness of doing business in the respective countries.
There are eleven parameters for evaluating the Easiness (Ease) of Doing Business:
- Starting a business (floating a proprietory, partnership, company)
- Dealing with construction permits
- Getting electricity
- Registering property
- Getting credit
- Protecting minority shareholders’ interest
- Paying taxes
- Trading across borders
- Enforcing contracts
- Resolving insolvency
- Labour market regulation
- India has recorded a jump of 23 position and has now reached 77th position in 2018.
- In 2017, it has 100th position.
- Its position was loitering on or around 140 during many previous years.
- It has improved its rank in 6 out of 11 parameters
- The World Bank has recognised India as one of the top improvers in 2017 and 2018